Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tupac

It may sound like I'm taking the easy way to answer this question, but I can't help seeing Tupac as both courageous and immature/confused when he put out such questionable words for everyone to hear. I think you can still be courageous even if what you are doing is not accepted by other people. Isn't that how most revolutions start, anyway? And aren't revolutions, for the most part, good for their society in the long run? Tupac should not have been misogynistic. But this was what he grew up with . In other words, I think I would be looking at this differently if he was lying. He may have been confused when it came to how women should be talked about or treated, but this was all he knew to do, and he knew people would be offended, and he did it anyway. A courageous, confused action, if you will. But I think that is like most of us. We don't really know why we do anything. Sometimes we say things we don't mean, we lie, etc. Tupac had a lot to say and he had the ability to say it, so he said it all. That's courageous. I don't think he could change his misogynistic ways just to appease the audience, it was who he was.

No comments: