Friday, December 7, 2007

Gender Identity

As a youth, hip-hop did had an affect on my gender identity, yet as I became older it began to diminished. Reason why hip-hop had an affect on my gender identity was the fact that when I was younger, my mind was too immature in determining my gender identity. I basically let hip-hop developed it. What I realized, in the end, was that it was wrong. hip-hop portrayed me as a whole different individual, which was not relevant to whom I am as a person. As time went by and I became older, I stop allowing hip-hop control my gender identity. As of right now, I believe that hip-hop has a greater affect on gender identity in this generation, than my generation. The reason being is because times has change, and younger people are more naive than my generation. In addition, the music of today's hip-hop is more attractive than in my generation, which makes it easier to manipulate people's gender identity for this generation. sadly, there is not a way to stop this because of the media, and because of corporate America, unless is through government intervention which is not likely to happen

P.S- Hip hop is dead..

No comments: