Thursday, December 13, 2007

Make Believe

Setting: QB, NYC. Nas returns home to find his mother and Biggie back from the dead, talking.

There she was. My mom, my life. Sittin' in that same chair she always sat it, drinkin' and tellin' me stories about her life. My guardian angel was back. Since the day she died everything I did, everything I said, was in memory of her. I looked long and hard with tears rollin' down my face, and I'll never forget the passion that burned in me that day. And on top of seeing my mother again, who was she talking to? My idol. My influence. My brother. B.I.G. This man did more for me as a rapper than anyone but my Mom ever did, and as the tears continued to pour out, I whispered "Thank you" as he looked over, sipped his drink, and gave me a smile. I knew right then and there that everything would be okay. Even though they couldn't hear me and I couldn't touch them or hug them, it was enough. I knew that they were sick of lookin' down at me and smilin' cuz they came right to my kitchen instead.

No comments: