Thursday, December 13, 2007

God

For many, God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving. He is a perfect God. So why do we have war, poverty, rape, crime, disasters, etc? This is the biggest and most sustainable atheist arguement to this day. How can an all-perfect God (strongly advocated by believers) create imperfection? Sigmund Freud belived in a projection theory, that God was simply created as a projection of our mind. If I had to bet, I would need to be logical. And logic tells me that a theory that God is not real is a more powerful and compelling arguement. But there are also questions that arise that make me think twice about the existence of God: where did we come from? How do we explain miracles and the unexplainable? Questions like these science can't answer. We just don't know. And even though it is easier (in my opinion) to prove God does not exist, there are questions that will never be answered, and I will never have definite proof. Therefore, I can't say that I don't believe in God, but I am skeptical as to his existance, and I feel that as humans, that is all we can say for that which has no answer.

No comments: